Leave a positive or negative rating after a car share:
- so that future car sharers can put their trust in YOUR experiences
- to remind you what you thought of a member if they contact you again
You can find the profile of a fellow member in two ways:
- If they sent you a message, you can find them in your contacts (you must be logged in to the site to access this page)
- If not, you can find them by entering their phone number on this page
If you travelled with a member...
With hindsight, would you have car shared with this person?
- If the answer is YES, you shouldn't hesitate to leave a positive rating!
- If the answer is NO, you should think about the reason(s) why you wouldn't. Be as objective as possible and only leave a negative rating if you think that the person really failed to meet their obligations. So if they were slightly late, for example, it could often be down to unforeseeable traffic problems and would not justify a negative rating.
A rating, whether it's positive or negative, will be attached to that person's profile forever. If you are prepared to leave a negative rating and your bad impression of the situation could easily be explained by mitigating circumstances, we recommend that you explain this clearly in your rating description.
If you did not travel with a member...
Do not leave a rating unless you arranged a car share and it did not take place:
- If you waited for them and they never arrived, don't hesitate to leave a negative rating explaining that they were a 'no-show'.
- If you weren't able to confirm the trip in the days leading up to it because the person didn't respond to your calls or emails and didn't contact you or get back to you to cancel the planned trip, the same applies: leave a negative rating explaining that this person didn't contact you to arrange a meeting place even though you had clearly agreed to travel together.
- If the trip was cancelled at the last minute and you were informed, you should find out the reason for the cancellation before leaving your rating. There are numerous unforeseen circumstances that could justify a cancellation, even at the very last minute, such as work, personal or family obligations, technical problems, etc. These sort of circumstances don't justify a negative rating.
Any reason apart from those stated above would not justify a negative rating if you have not travelled with the person. For example, the following reasons a negative rating:
- You couldn't get in touch with the person to ask if you could share a trip
- You weren't able to agree on the price
- You leave a negative rating without any specific or fair reason in response to a negative rating that the person has given you
- The person wasn't willing to make the detour that you asked them to
- Your interaction with the person ended with a disagreement
Your ratings are important
Each of your ratings reinforces the trust in the BlablaCar community: Please leave ratings for all the car share trips you have made!
=> Leave a rating (you must be logged in to the site to access this page)